12.05.2009

Peace that Transcends Understanding

I will be in Portland five weeks from today.

Amazing.

Here's the really weird part - I know Portland is where I am supposed to be. Like I really KNOW. If you know me - I tend to worry a little (okay, a lot). I've been known to have panic attacks and struggle with worry and anxiety. While I'm interested to see how God is going to work everything out - I am not anxious or worried or doubting at all, because I know that he WILL work everything out.

Confident - thats how I would describe it. Its complete and utter confidence. I can't explain it. Looking at the situation from the world's point of view - I should be a little more nervous. I don't have a job, and I have some savings, but not a lot. Yet, I'm okay with it.

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Thats what I'm experiencing right now. The peace of God which transcends all understanding. It doesn't make sense. I should be nervous. Its beyond understanding that I'm not. So glad, though. Not worrying is way better than worrying.

I want to try thank those of you who have sown into this move. I have no words to thank you. "Thank you" is certainly not enough. Just know, that every life that is touched in Portland, you have a part in it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

1 comments:

LeLaLoSA said...

I so know that feeling. It is how I feel with Africa.